Revived Blog

I'm gradually catching up on my various adventures of the past six months, so please check down the page for new posts!

Thursday 31 May 2007

AKB 48

Not the new model of the ever-popular Russian rifle, but a Japanese pop band.



48 girls, dancing in short school skirts, and singing catchy pop songs about their misdemeanours.



One classic lyric "お父さん、ごめんなさい" - 'Father, I'm sorry'



This is Kayo Noro.



She's an attractive girl.



I am one month older than her.



But I don't think that would be too much of a problem.






And this is Aika Ohta.



She performs onstage several times a week with Kayo Noro and the other 46 girls of AKB.



She is 12 years old.



In fact the girls of AKB run right up from 12 to 22 - older than that, and you get 'graduated'.



They dance the same moves, wear the same clothes, appear on TV together.



You don't have to be Mary Whitehouse to realise that this is not a good thing.

No comments: